Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Growth is an Amazing Thing

Well... I can see it's been some time since I last wrote... a few uhm... years... Actually, I think I pretty much forgot that I created this until recently... and I can't say for sure what it was that drew me back to wanting to begin to blog again... not the I did that much in the past. But here I am, and I think I am going to be learning quite a bit about myself in this process.

Here's the deal... God is good. He's been shaping me, molding me, taking the parts of me that aren't in alignment with Him... and most of the time it's pretty painful, and sometimes it only feels like ripping a band aid off... it stings at first, but pretty painless after. But in the moments of great pain, of feeling broken and ashamed, those are the moments I know I am truly becoming something great... and I'm thankful for it when I look back and see where God is bringing me.

No I don't know who will end up reading this... and that's ok. I'm not doing it for you, but if it somehow touches your heart, if it somehow allows me a way to show you God's mercy and love, if it creates some sort of emotion, even anger... that's ok. I know that things happen to people in perfect honesty... especially to those brave enough to be honest to themselves. I have to know that God loves me for me; he HATES the sin in my life, but boy does he love me. I don't deserve it. I don't come any where near being deserving of His kind of love, his reckless love, his lack of abandonment, his drawing near to me so I can draw near to him type of love, but I am grateful and I try hard not to take it for granted.

So here's to growth... I hope you come along because it's gonna be one wild ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment